Stuff your favorite hot sandwich fillings into egg roll wrappers. Whether you cook ’em in an air fryer or oven, the result will be crispy deliciousness with a fraction of the fat and calories.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 8 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef (at least 96% lean)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, torn into pieces
- 3 tbsp. light/reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6 square egg roll wrappers (stocked near the tofu)
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Add bell pepper and onion. Cook, stir, and crumble until beef is fully cooked and veggies have softened, about 8 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, and add provolone pieces and cream cheese. Stir until thoroughly mixed and melted. Transfer to a bowl.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper flat on a dry surface. Evenly distribute 1/6th of the mixture (about 1/3 cup) in a row a little below the center. Moisten all four edges with water. Fold the sides in toward the middle, and roll up the wrapper around the mixture. Seal with a dab of water.
- Repeat to make 5 more egg rolls. Spray with nonstick spray. Place egg rolls in the air fryer cooking basket in a single layer. (If they don’t all fit, save for a second batch.)
- Set air fryer to 392 degrees (see HG FYI). Cook until golden brown, 7 – 9 minutes.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- Our air fryer only goes to 392 degrees. Depending on your air fryer model, you can set to 392 or 400 degrees.
- Oven Alternative: No air fryer? No problem! Bake your egg rolls at 375 degrees until golden brown, 25 – 30 minutes.
1/6th of recipe (1 egg roll): calories: 157 | Total Fat: 4.5g | Total Carb: 16.5g | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 12.5g