A healthier spin on your favorite pizza shop’s cheese sticks. Perfect for dipping in marinara or as a side for soup and salad.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Serving
- 1 C (120g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp (7g) Cheddar Cheese Powder* (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2/3 C (150g) Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp (8g) Olive Oil
- 3/4 C (84g) Tillamook Shredded Italian Cheese Blend, or your choice of cheese
- Mix the dry dough ingredients together before adding the Greek yogurt. Stir everything together until the yogurt is no longer visible and a crumbly dough begins to form. Empty the crumbly dough onto a flat surface and use your hand to form a ball of dough. (You can also use a food processor or stand mixer. Just be careful not to over mix or your cheese bread will be flat.)
- Use your knuckles to press the dough into a circle. (You can also use a rolling pin.) The dough should be about 8″ in diameter.**
- Transfer the dough to an air fryer basket and brush the top with half the olive oil. Air fry at 400ºF for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use a fork or tongs to carefully flip the bread in the air fryer basket. Brush with the remaining olive oil and top with cheese. (Optional: Add some dried oregano, crushed red pepper, or other toppings.) Air fry at 400ºF for an additional 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Transfer the cheese bread to a flat surface and cut into strips, wedges, or however you’d like to serve. Enjoy!
*I used King Arthur Flour cheddar cheese powder. If you have Anthony’s Goods or Hoosier Hill Farms cheddar powder, that should work perfectly fine. The recipe also works without any cheddar powder at all.
**I used a 6.5-quart Ninja Foodi (301) for air frying. Different air fryers may require cooking time modifications. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake directly on a baking sheet with the same time/temp recommendations. Match the look of your crust to the reference photos in the post above.
YIELD: 4 Servings SERVING SIZE: 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 220 | TOTAL FAT: 7g | CARBOHYDRATES: 25g | PROTEIN: 13g