Indulge in guilt-free sweetness with our Protein-Packed Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough! This delectable recipe is not only gluten-free but also free of refined sugars, making it a healthy and satisfying snack or dessert. Read on to discover the secret behind its dough-like consistency and the perfect blend of flavours.
If you’ve been craving a protein-rich treat that mimics the taste of cookie dough, you’re in for a delightful surprise with our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe. This unique take on the classic includes cottage cheese, vanilla protein powder, and a handful of pantry staples, creating a guilt-free delight that’s both easy to prepare and exceptionally tasty.
Cottage cheese: It’s Good for You
Cottage cheese takes the spotlight in this recipe, providing a protein-packed base that’s essential for achieving the perfect dough consistency. The result is a thick, creamy, and cookie dough-like creation that stands out as a healthy alternative to traditional oven-baked cookie dough.
Why Cottage Cheese?
Cottage cheese not only contributes to the rich texture but also brings a nutritional boost to the table. Its protein content sets this recipe apart, making it a snack or dessert that not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also supports your protein intake.
Blending for Consistency
To ensure a flawless texture, start by blending the cottage cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. This step eliminates any large curds, guaranteeing a seamless integration of ingredients. The addition of almond flour and vanilla protein powder completes the blend, creating a base that’s both flavourful and nutrient-dense.
- Double the Batch: Consider doubling the batch for a convenient snack option that can be stored and enjoyed later. This cookie dough is perfect for curbing your sweet cravings while providing a protein boost.
Ingredients for Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 cup Cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Almond flour
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- Chocolate chips (as per your heart’s desire!)
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough with Protein:
- Add cottage cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, then add almond flour and protein powder. Stir until fully combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to indulge.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can You Taste the Cottage Cheese?
No, the cottage cheese taste is not prominent in the final product. It seamlessly blends with other ingredients, enhancing the texture without an overpowering flavour.
- How Long Does the Dough Last?
This cookie dough stays fresh for about 5 days when stored in the refrigerator.
- Is It Suitable for Kids?
Absolutely! This dessert is a hit with toddlers, offering a delightful treat that doubles as a protein source.
- Too Liquidy Dough?
If your cookie dough turns out too liquidy, simply add more almond flour or protein powder to achieve the desired consistency.
3 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories447
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 9mg 3%
- Sodium 182mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 7g 29%
- Sugars 19g
- Protein 21g 42%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.