This hearty Low Carb hamburger beef soup recipe is loaded with good-for-you ingredients – Simmered to perfection and designed to satisfy!
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb (450g) lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- One 15 oz (425g) can diced tomatoes (no need to drain), or diced fresh tomatoes
- One 8 oz (225g) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 cups (1 1/4 l) beef broth
- 1/2 cup diced green beans, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Shredded cheese, for garnish (we used sharp cheddar)
- To make the hamburger beef soup recipe: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery to the pot. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, breaking up the ground beef with a spoon, until browned and mostly cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and beef broth to the pot; bring to a simmer.
- Cook the soup for 25-30 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in the green beans and cook for 5-10 minutes more. Garnish with cheese and parsley and serve the hamburger beef soup immediately, topped with more shredded cheese. Enjoy!