These buttery Almond Shortbread Cookies are an enjoyable sweet treat that you can’t resist. These cute little mini shortbread cookies are perfect when you want a bite or two of that sweet something!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes | Servings: 24 cookies | Calories: 92
- 4 oz salted butter cold, cut into pieces
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup xylitol, erythritol, or other 1:1 sweetener
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup almonds sliced or chopped
- 5 oz Milk Chocolate Almond Better Choice Bark
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Next, combine the dough ingredients in the food processor and process until a ball of dough forms. This takes 2-3 minutes at high speed.
- Press into a large rectangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cut into 12 strips and then cut each in half. Separate the cookies.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Dip the cookies halfway into the chocolate. Let the excess drip off and set them on waxed paper to harden.
Melting Chocolate: I melt chocolate in the microwave stirring every thirty seconds.
Serving: 1 cookie | Calories: 92 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 118IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carb: 2g