It’s a recipe for Keto Soft-Baked Chocolate Chip Bars. And it’s sugar-free, grain-free, gluten-free, low in carbs and keto-friendly.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Additional Time: 5 Minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes | Yield: 24
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature )
- 2 cups of sugar substitute
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional but this is what makes this cookie bar a little chewy)
- 1 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips (I use Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate chips )
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12×16 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper. ) For thicker bars use 9×13 greased baking pan.
- Using an electric mixer beat together the butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar substitute.
- Add the five eggs one at a time, mix well making sure the eggs are well incorporated into the batter.
- Fold in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Stir in the sugar-free chocolate chips and walnuts with a spatula.
- Spread the batter evenly unto a 12X16 inch cookie sheet or 9×13 baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cookie bars to cool completely before slicing.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for 5 days or freeze for up 3 weeks.
Yield: 24 | Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140 | Total Fat: 13.5g | Saturated Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 69mg | Carbohydrates: 2.9g | Net Carbohydrates: 2g | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 0.3g | Protein: 4.2g