These awesome Breaded Cheese Bombs are perfect for parties, snacking or for serving as an appetizer! Low carb, keto, gluten free, and LCHF recipe.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Cooling Time: 5 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes | Yield: 12 Cheese Bombs
for the dough:
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
for the filling:
- 2 mozzarella cheese sticks, each cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup bacon bits, or finely diced cooked bacon
- 1 small fresh jalapeño, finely diced
- finely chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a bowl, and microwave it for one minute. Stir, then cook for another 30 seconds. Add in almond flour, a beaten egg, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Let the dough cool enough so that you can handle it, then knead until smooth. Add extra almond flour if it is too sticky to work with.
- Take a small portion of the dough and flatten it out into your hand. Add a slice of mozzarella cheese string, a few bacon bits, and some finely diced fresh jalapeño.
- Form the dough around the filling, ensuring that all sides are completely sealed. Place it on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Continue with the rest of the dough: this recipe makes 12 cheese bombs.
- Sprinkle any remaining bacon bits over the top of each bomb, then roast for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then garnish with chopped chives and serve warm.
Yield: 4 | Serving Size: 3 Cheese Bombs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419 | Total Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0g | Unsaturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 691mg | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 24g | Net Carbohydrates: 5g (3 Cheese Bomb)