This is a low carb take on a classic Jello poke cake. This version has just 5g net carbs.
- 2 cups super fine almond flour*
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (.3 oz) box Sugar Free Strawberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
2. Add softened butter, cream cheese and sweetener to a large bowl, and use an electric mixer to cream them together.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the blended ingredients. Blend with the electric mixer until smooth.
4. In a separate medium sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter. Blend until very smooth. The batter will be very thick.
6. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes at 350F. The top should be browned and a toothpick in the middle should come out dry.
7. After the cake goes into the oven, dissolve the Jello powder into 1 cup of boiling water. Put it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
8. Cool the cake for 15 minutes.
9. Using a wooden skewer or chop stick, poke holes in the cake, a little more than 1 inch apart.
10. Pour the Jello over the top of the cake and then chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
11. Whip together the heavy whipping cream and powdered sweetener until stiff peaks form.
12. Frost the cake with whipped cream. Return to the refrigerator for 1 more hour.
Calories: 380 | Fat: 35 | Carbohydrates: 9 | Fiber: 4| Protein: 10 | Net Carbs: 5g |