If you’re a fan of the rich, velvety goodness of Baileys Irish Cream, you’re in for a treat! Our Copycat Baileys recipe is not only a breeze to make but also adds a delightful twist to your morning coffee, serves as a heavenly dessert topping, or can be savored over ice for a soothing sip. Plus, it takes less than 5 minutes to whip up this delectable concoction, making it an ideal choice for any occasion.
Ingredients that Make the Magic Happen
Let’s dive into the heart of this heavenly elixir. You’ll need just five ingredients to craft your very own Homemade Baileys Irish Cream:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This not only sweetens the mixture but also provides a luscious thickness that defines the Baileys texture.
- Light Cream or Half and Half: The creamy base that balances out the sweetness of condensed milk. Feel free to experiment with coconut milk or heavy cream if you fancy a different twist.
- Whiskey: The soul of this recipe, providing that distinct kick. While an Irish whiskey like Jameson is the traditional choice, don’t hesitate to use a more budget-friendly option – it works just as well. In a pinch, you can even substitute with vodka.
- Flavorful Additions: Enhance the taste with instant coffee (or instant espresso) for a rich aroma and pure vanilla extract for that perfect hint of sweetness. Our recipe keeps it simple, but you can also consider a touch of cocoa powder, almond extract, or chocolate syrup for a unique spin.
Making It Alcohol-Free
For those preferring a non-alcoholic version, simply skip the whiskey and introduce a teaspoon or two of rum extract or whiskey extract. Tweak the quantity to match your taste preferences, as different brands may vary in intensity.
Crafting Your Baileys Masterpiece
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity. Gather all your ingredients and toss them into a spacious bowl or pitcher. Give it a good whisk, and voila – you’ve just created your very own Baileys Irish Cream!
Preserving the Bliss
As long as your cream is fresh, this homemade Baileys will grace your fridge for about 2 weeks. For those planning to share the joy as Christmas gifts, ensure your recipients refrigerate it promptly. Seal the jars or glass bottles tightly, tie them with a festive ribbon, and voila – you’ve just crafted the perfect homemade present.
12 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories215
- % Daily Value *
- Cholesterol 33mg 11%
- Sodium 49mg 3%
- Potassium 145mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 9g 36%
- Sugars 18g
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.