If you are looking for some low carb fried fish recipes, try this keto air fryer fish sticks recipe! Tastes so much better than frozen fish you buy and they are gluten free too! Use pork rinds and other seasonings to make these crunchy fish sticks and the air fryer makes it a breeze.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total time: 25 Minutes | Yield: 20
- 12 oz tilapia loins, cut into fish sticks
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 25 oz bag of pork rinds crushed into crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Thaw the tilapia loins if they are frozen. Dab dry with a paper towel
- Cut the fish into fish stick sized pieces. This will depend on the size and shape of your tilapia loins but use your judgement. I had 3 pieces and got about 20 pieces.
- In a food processor, add the pork rinds and crush to make to crumbs. Add the parmesan cheese and spices and pulse to mix through. Then pour into a shallow bowl.
- Add the fish to a Ziplock bag with the mayo. Squish the bag to try to get the mayo all over the fish pieces.
- Take out the fish, 1 piece at a time and roll in the pork rind mixture.
- Place the coated fish sticks into the air fryer. Spray the air fryer basket first.
- Set the temperature to 380°F and cook for 15 minutes until brown and crunchy.
The nutritional information for 1 fish stick based on 20 is:
Calories: 75 | Fat: 4.7g | Carbs: 0.1g carbs | Protein: 8.2g
All 20 keto fish sticks have only 2g net carbs. That’s 0.1g net carbs per fish stick.