Chocolate and nuts just go so well together, and it what better form than a tasty cupcake. Our Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes are so delicious that everyone wants one!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Cooling: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour | Servings: 12 serves | Calories: 248kcal
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 5 ounces Erythritol
- 2 ounces Natural Peanut Butter smooth
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 4 large Eggs
- 25 ounces Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 5 ounces Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 6 ounces Unsalted Butter softened
- 3 ounces Natural Peanut Butter smooth
- 3 ounces Powdered Erythritol
- 2-3 tablespoons Heavy Cream optional
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F.
- Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with silicone cupcake molds or cupcake papers.
- In a bowl add the peanut butter, melted butter, erythritol, salt, vanilla, and baking powder.
- Cream ingredients together using a hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, one by one, mixing in between.
- Add the cocoa powder and the coconut flour and mix until combined, followed by the almond milk. Mix well. Allow the mixture to sit for 2 minutes, so the coconut flour can soak up all the liquid.
- Evenly spoon the mixture amongst the 12 prepared muffin tin holes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cupcakes are cooked when an inserted skewer comes out with a few crumbs clinging to it, or spring back when touched.
- Set aside to cool.
Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cupcake Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter and peanut butter. Cream with the whisk attachment on your hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the powdered erythritol a few tablespoons at a time on low speed, until it is all mixed it.
- If your frosting is too firm, add the heavy cream a tablespoon at a time until your frosting is smooth and pipeable.
- Spoon your frosting into a piping bag with a star nozzle tip and pipe the frosting onto your cooled cupcakes.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up the frosting.
Serving: 1 Cupcake | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 215mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carb: 3g