Having a Krispy Kreme donut and living a keto lifestyle are no longer mutually exclusive, so bake these very yeasty and addictive donuts with a crunchy, sugary exterior you’ll want to have again and again without all the guilt!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes | Servings: 4 Donuts
You will need a donut pan and a piping bag or ziplock bag for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener we like Lakanto-Golden
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Donut:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a donut pan. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and eggs. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until it becomes a sticky, thick dough.
- Next spoon the dough into a piping bag or ziplock to pipe the dough into the greased donut pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool.
For the Glaze:
- In shallow saucepan, combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- Let cook on medium heat for five minutes while whisking constantly.
- Once donut is slightly cooled, drop in pan of hot glaze, and coat both sides completely.
- Repeat until all donuts are coated. (If you notice glaze is starting to thicken up in pan, place back on heat for a minute or so to remelt).
- Let cool on plate. The glaze with harden a bit, creating a crunchy exterior. Enjoy!
Substitutes: Monk Fruit sweetener for any granulated sweetener
Xanthan Gum can be omitted, although it will change the texture a bit
Coconut Oil can be subbed for any oil
Eggs cannot be substituted in this recipe
Serving Size: 1 donut | Servings Per Container: 4 Donuts
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185 | Calories from Fat: 135 | Total Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 180mg | Total Carbohydrate: 9g | Dietary Fiber: 6g | Sugars: 1g Protein: 6g |