Soft and chewy, sweet, and spicy keto pumpkin cookies. Only 2 net carbs per cookie!
Pumpkin Spice Cookie Batter
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup full-fat cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup granular allulose * see notes in post for substitutions
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup sifted fine ground almond flour
- 1/3 cup sifted coconut flour
- 2 tbsp unflavored protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cold full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered allulose * see notes in post for substitutions
- 1 tsp vanilla
Pumpkin Cookie Dough
- Sift almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, protein powder, salt, and spices into a medium-sized bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a bowl with a hand mixer, blend cream cheese, butter, and allulose until well blended.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the allulose and butter mixture and blend well.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until everything is blended.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Roll heaping tablespoons onto the cookie sheet. Gently press down.
- Bake for 16-17 minutes or until the cookies turn golden around the edges.
- Pull the cookie tray from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the tray.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cube one cup of cold full-fat cream cheese and add it to the bowl of a stand mixer and blend for 1 minute, until the cream cheese has no lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add vanilla and powdered allulose.
- Add 1/2 cup of full-fat whipping cream to the bowl and mix on low for 30 seconds, until blended with cream cheese. Turn up to medium and then high until the whipped cream and cream cheese fluff up and resemble buttercream frosting.
- Do not overbeat. Over beating will cause the mixture to liquefy.
- Spread frosting over the cookies and sprinkle with a tiny bit of cinnamon.
- For those of you who want to skip the frosting, the cookies without frosting have 124 calories, 1 net carb, 5 grams of protein, and 11 grams of fat.
- The cookie batter must be cold before it is put inside the oven. Be sure to chill the dough!
- Be sure to sift all the dry ingredients.
- Don’t skip the protein powder, it’s the ingredient that helps hold everything together in this recipe.
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167 | Total Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Unsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 126mg | Carbohydrates: 4g | Net Carbohydrates: 2g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 5g