This is low carb chocolate heaven! A deliciously moist keto chocolate mug cake studded with sugar free chocolate chips and topped with a creamy chocolate sauce. Cooks in 90 seconds!
Prep Time: 2 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Minutes | Total Time: 4 Minutes | Servings: 2 | Calories: 250 kcal
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sweetener (So Nourished)
- 1 egg medium
- 5 tbsp double/heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract optional
- In a bowl, combine your dry ingredients – coconut flour, baking powder, cacao powder, sweetener. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add your wet ingredients – the egg, cream and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and let the batter rest for a minute.
- Melt 1/2 tsp butter each in 2 mugs or ramekins (30 seconds) and grease the insides. This is an important step if you want to turn your mug cakes out onto a plate. Divide the batter between the mugs/ramekins.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Don’t microwave any longer or your cakes will become dry.
- Enjoy straight out of the ramekin or turn out onto a plate. See notes for an optional chocolate sauce!
- For an optional chocolate sauce, melt 2 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips and 1 tbsp butter in the microwave or in a water bath. Stir until liquid. Add 2-3 tbsp cream or milk and stir until smooth and pourable. Sauce is not included in the nutrition calculation.
- If you cannot get hold of sugar free chocolate chips, chop dark chocolate with a minimum of 85% cocoa solids.
- I used 6 oz ramekins.
Calories: 250kcal | Total Carbohydrates: 9.7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 5.3g | Sugar: 1.3g