A creamy low carb cheesecake recipe that everyone will love!
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 8 – 12 Slices
- 24 oz cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups yogurt, such as coconut milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup sweetener of choice, such as sugar, maple syrup, or erythritol
- pinch uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp additional sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, or 1/4 cup almond flour for keto
- optional scant 1/4 tsp spirulina or natural food coloring
- chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips as desired
- Be sure to get pure peppermint extract, not imitation. If you prefer just a slightly-minty cheesecake, use 1/4 tsp instead of the full amount.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Fill a 9×13 pan halfway with water, and place it on the oven’s lower rack.
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature.
- With a blender or hand blender, beat all ingredients except the chocolate chips just until smooth. (Don’t overbeat, which would introduce air bubbles that burst while cooking and thus cause cracking.) Add chips if desired.
- Transfer to an 8 or 9-inch springform pan, lined with a crust if desired. Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes (9 inch) or 38 minutes (8 inch), without ever opening the oven.
- Then still DON’T open the oven door, but turn off the oven. Leave in the closed oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove, it will still look underdone—and let cool on the counter for 30 minutes before placing the still-underdone cheesecake in the fridge. Cover only very loosely. (Be sure not to put the cheesecake straight from the oven to the fridge, which would cause it to cool too quickly and crack.)
- Chill at least 6 hours, during which time it will magically firm up to the proper cheesecake texture.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can freeze leftovers too!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144 Kcal | Total Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Total Carb: 5.8g