This keto drink recipe will warm you up during cold weather. It is delicious and rich, and you’d never guess that this hot chocolate is low carb and sugar-free!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: Nearly 5 Minutes | Total Time: 10 Minutes | Servings: 2
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons no-calorie sugar substitute (such as Splenda)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 tablespoons Torani Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Coarse sea salt for garnish
- Using a mixer, beat together the heavy whipping cream, sugar substitute, and vanilla extract until whipped and able to form stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the milk, Torani Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup, cocoa powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt with a whisk. Whisk well until all of the cocoa powder is well blended with the milk mixture. Continue to cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until the mixture comes to a lightly bubbling simmer. Remove from heat.
- Divide the hot chocolate between two mugs and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle a little coarse salt on top of the whipped cream.