- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- 2 to 3 firm zucchini, sliced lengthwise, 1/4-inch thick (you will need 12 slices)
- 1 bag (10 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce/marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Slice the zucchini, lay them flat on a baking sheet or any other flat surface, sprinkle with salt, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Add spinach to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Remove spinach from skillet and let cool for a couple minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine prepared baby spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Lay out the slices of zucchini on a cutting board (or any other working surface), wipe them down, and place a spoonful of the ricotta mixture on top of each zucchini slice.
- Roll up and transfer to the prepared baking dish, seam-side down.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini and ricotta mixture.
- Spoon marinara on top of the zucchini, and sprinkle all over with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and the zucchini is tender.
- Garnish with basil ribbons.
- To remove excess water, please salt the zucchini slices for about 15 minutes before adding in the filling.
- If your zucchini rolls are unrolling, secure the ends with toothpicks.
Serving: 3 Roll Ups | Calories: 259 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 23 g | Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 80 mg | Sodium: 998 mg | Potassium: 1105 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 7640 IU | Vitamin C: 46 mg | Calcium: 562 mg | Iron: 4 mg | Net Carbs: 16 g