These Air Fryer Roasted Mushrooms are perfect when you want a special side dish that’s extra easy, and extra tasty!
prep time: 15 Minutes
cook time: 10 Minutes
total time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lb. large fresh mushrooms (see notes)
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 T soy sauce (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- freshly-grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Gently wash mushrooms in a colander. (Just rinse, don’t spray with a sink sprayer; that will remove the outer skin of the mushrooms.)
- Put the washed mushrooms on paper towels and put paper towels over them and press gently to blog the mushrooms dry.
- Trim the end of the mushroom stem and cut each mushroom in half.
- Whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper to make the cooking sauce.
- Put mushroom halves into a plastic bowl and toss with the cooking liquid, turning over until all mushrooms are coated with the mixture.
- Spread out mushrooms in the Air Fryer basket, cut side down. (I wish you could see it better in the photos, but after I had to buy a new try and basket for my Air Fryer I finally got smart enough to cover the tray with foil. Don’t cover the side where the tray slides into the air fryer. )
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400F/200C (as needed.)
- Cook mushrooms 5 minutes.
- Remove basket or basket and try from Air Fryer and turn over mushrooms so cut side is up.
- Cook 5 minutes more, or slightly less for smaller mushrooms.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
We used brown Cremini mushrooms, but white mushrooms will also be great for this. Be sure to use Gluten-Free Soy Sauce if needed.
Yield: 4 | Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Unsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 245mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 3g