Beef Noodle Soup is the perfect hearty meal to warm you up. With veggies, seasoned chuck roast and egg noodles, it’s a guaranteed hit with the whole family.
Yield: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 27 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat , or cut up chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 stalks celery , sliced
- 2 carrots , sliced
- 8 ounces egg noodles , dried
- Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven on high heat.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Add to the pot and sear on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add in beef broth and thyme and bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat.
- Cook, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Add in the egg noodles, celery and carrots, stir well and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately (the noodles will continue to absorb the soup as it sits).
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1858mg | Potassium: 693mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2642IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 4mg