This recipe is super simple, which is something I love! Just whip these babies up in minutes, no refrigeration or long baking time needed. This recipe is also Sugar free and gluten free.
All of your friends and family (including those not on a ketogenic diet) will love these. They probably won’t even know the difference between these and regular shortbread cookies!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 12 Minutes | Total Time: 27 Minutes | Servings: 18 Cookies | Calories: 140kcal
- 3/4 cup salted butter softened, 180g
- 3/4 cup powdered monkfruit / erythritol sweetener 140g, For this recipe I actually love using 6 tbsp swerve and 2 tbsp truvia as well
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour 168g
- 1/2 cup coconut flour 56g
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch 8g (or cornstarch is OK if you don’t have it)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt 1/4 tsp if using unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 325*F.
- In a large bowl, beat together your butter and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add your extracts and beat once more until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together all of your dry ingredients including; almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir well until the dough becomes thick and everything is incorporated together.
- Form your dough into a circle and then roll out between two sheets of parchment paper to the thickness you want your cookies (they won’t change in much in the oven).
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the edges of the dough to form an even rectangle then cut smaller rectangles from the large one. (I cut my rectangles about 2 1/2 inches in length and 1 1/4 inches in width).
- Re-roll any dough scraps and repeat the process until all of the dough is used up. Place the formed rectangles on parchment-lined baking sheets and gently poke holes twice in each shortbread cookie using a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 min or until they are just very lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool the cookies completely on their baking sheets before attempting to lift them. Enjoy The Best Keto Shortbread Cookies! *You can store these on the counter in an airtight container between layers of wax or parchment paper for up to 5 days OR place them in the freezer to keep them longer*.
If you choose to use cornstarch instead of arrowroot starch there is not a big change in the total net carbs. Cornstarch just adds an extra 0.27g of carbs per cookie.
Try dipping half of the cookies in melted dark chocolate once they’ve cooled for a fun twist.
Serving: 1 Shortbread Cookie | Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.5g | Protein: 2.4g | Fat: 13.4g | Fiber: 2.1g | Net Carb: 1.5g