What is Collagen?
Collagen is a protein that is produced by our bodies and that is what keeps our bodies together. It is essential for healthy skin, hair, nails, bones and connective tissue. However, once we reach our mid-20s, our collagen production decreases. That’s when you start to see the process of aging with wrinkles and fine lines. Conditions such as osteoarthritis are also highly associated with collagen deficiency, so it is important to find good sources of collagen in your diet. So, what kind of food do we want to find? Here is a list of foods that will boost your collagen production.
- Grass-fed meat
- Omega-3 rich fish
- Dark green vegetables
- Red fruits and vegetables
- Citrus fruits
CHOCOLATE PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY BUTTER
Not only will these chocolate pancakes be blueberry butter fruit, but they will satisfy your appetite and fit into your macro.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes-10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 large pastured eggs
- 3 tbsp. MCT oil or liquid coconut oil
- 1 scoop Chocolate Collagen Protein
- 1/4 scant cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp. Kerry Gold butter for cooking
- 2 tbsp. Kerry Gold butter
- 3 tbsp. frozen wild blueberries
- Set a large cast iron skillet to heat on medium heat.
- In the meantime whisk the MCT oil and the eggs together. Add in the coconut flour, protein, baking soda and pinch of salt. Mix until smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Once the skillet has come to temperature add the tablespoon of butter.
- Pour the batter on to the skillet. Will make 4 2/3 cup pancakes. Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes a side.
- These bad boys will be tall. After you flip them once, flip them again and gently press down a bit to make sure the middle is fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- In a small sauce pot, add the blueberries, cook until they thaw and the fluid begins to simmer. Add in the butter and mix and mash until the blueberries are completely softened.
- Serve your pancakes and spoon buttery blueberry mix all over them. Enjoy!
FAT: 50G | PROTEIN: 27G | CARBS: 11.5G | CALORIES: 611