Omelettes, couches, frittata! Today’s recipe highlights one of the most common egg recipes: fruittata. With a mix of meat, chopped vegetables, cheese, cream and beaten eggs, this Turkish sausage frittata will make you go for a fluffy keto dish.
Frittata is an Italian version of the omelette, but it is prepared in a slightly different way. The omelette consists of beaten eggs mixed with a little liquid, cooked until set, then mixed with vegetables, meat and cheese filling. The frittata ingredients are the equivalent of an omelette, but the ingredients are cooked in fermented until the outer edges are set in the oven. Unlike omelettes, fritters are more versatile because they are not eaten immediately after cooking. You can freeze and eat it all week.
Selecting the Eggs
Remember: Source Matters! Since eggs are the main ingredient in Fritata and this recipe requires a dozen, it’s important to know where your eggs come from. There is no headache in choosing eggs. You may find that there are many health claims on many product labels in your grocery store. It is no different when you buy eggs. You may have seen “free range” or “cage free” on egg cartons, its your choice to buy them.
Get a Bite of This!
Not only is this Turkish sausage frittata a great way to use in your fridge or your own vegetables, the way frittata is prepared makes it a great meal idea. It’s easy to make and will provide you with a nutritious way – low carb, high fat and moderate protein. Not to mention, it’s also low calorie! Give it a try, and let us know.
TURKEY SAUSAGE FRITTATA
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- 12 oz ground breakfast sausage, turkey
- 2 bell peppers
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup lactose free sour cream
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Kerry Gold butter
- *optional 2oz shredded Tillamook cheddar
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Crack all your eggs into a blender, add in the sour cream, salt and pepper. Blend on high for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. When it comes to temperature add in the butter.
- Slice your bell peppers into strips. Add it to the skillet. Sauté until browned and tender about 6 minutes. Remove the peppers from the skillet.
- Quickly add in the turkey sausage and stir, breaking up the meat until browned, about 8 minutes. Flatten the turkey to the bottom of the skillet. Add the peppers over it, evenly distributed. Pour the egg mix over everything.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. If you want to add the cheese, sprinkle it over the frittata as soon as you take it out of the oven so it melts.