This rich and decadent chocolate keto cake is shockingly delicious and secretly low carb. Simply put, because it is quite possibly the best chocolate cake you will ever make, even if you aren’t on a keto diet.
Total Time: 14 minutes | Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dutch cocoa or additional regular
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water or milk of choice
- 3 eggs (including the vegan option listed earlier in the post)
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol or regular sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- For a double layer cake, simply double the recipe and bake in two 8-inch pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch pan, and line with parchment.
- Stir all ingredients together very well, then spread into the pan. If needed, use a second sheet of parchment to smooth down.
- Bake 14 minutes on the center rack (some ovens require more baking time, so continue cooking until firm if needed).
- Let cool completely before frosting
Based on 8 slices : Calories: 130 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Sodium: 175mg | Total Carb: 6g | Net Carbs: 2.7g | Dietary Fiber: 3.3g | Sugars: 0.2g | Protein: 6.9g