How to make cauliflower pizza crust
You’re going to be surprised how easy it is to make this keto cauliflower pizza crust.
Rice cauliflower. (Either shred with a cheese grater or run it through a food processor, similar to how CAULIFLOWER RICE is made).
Cook in a non-stick pan for a few minutes, then cool.
Squeeze dry in a towel. The goal here is to get every drop of water possible out of the cauliflower!
Mix in egg, cheese, and seasonings and bake!
Toppings For Cauliflower Pizza CrustI love pizza way too much, but then again who doesn’t? But this pizza crust is especially amazing and my whole family loves it! We add our favorite low carb toppings, and each create a completely customized pizza!
- Veggies: mushrooms, spinach, olives, tomatoes, peppers, arugula (to top after cooking!)
- Meats: bacon, salami, pepperoni, leftover Chicken
- Cheeses: mozzarella, parmesan, sharp cheddar
I throw cheese, PESTO (great for us keto peeps), veggies, sausage, and jalapenos on my crispy pizza crust for the perfect flavor combo. My daughter likes bacon (I taught her well), peppers, and mushrooms!
Tips for success!
- Squeeze well! Try to squeeze out as much liquid as possible from your cauliflower before pressing into pans.
- Be Patient! This pizza crust takes longer to cook than a regular pizza crust. But it’s worth the wait because all remaining moisture will be baked away and you will have a deliciously crisp crust.
- Make Ahead! Spend some time making several pizza crusts on your days off or on the weekend. Cook them till crisp, cool completely and store until ready to use.
- How To Store! Store cauliflower pizza crusts in your refrigerator, lightly covered, for 1-2 days or freeze them for 2-3 months. Freezing your crusts is a great way to keep low carb options easily accessible and ready to go anytime. This will save you time and help keep you on that low carb/keto path!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 Head cauliflower
- ½ Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Chop cauliflower and grate or process in a food processor.
- Cook cauliflower in a non-stick pan until tender, about 5 minutes (or place in a bowl covered with plastic wrap and microwave 5-7 minutes). Then cool.
- Spread cauliflower over a kitchen towel and squeeze to release as much liquid as possible.
- Combine all ingredients including drained cauliflower in a bowl and mix well.
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper and press cauliflower mixture to create a crust.
- Bake 12 minutes, flip crust and bake another 8-10 minutes.
- Top as desired with cheese and toppings. Bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information includes crust only, 1/4 of the pizza crust.
Serving: 2slices | Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 1mg
For more Delicious Keto and Low Carb Recipes Please Join Our Group : Smart Keto Diet for Beginners