Welcome to the world of mouthwatering Air Fryer Chicken Tenders that are not just juicy and flavorful, but also a breeze to make in under 10 minutes! These naked chicken tenders boast a unique twist—no breading. Embracing the low carb, keto, and gluten-free lifestyle, this recipe is a healthy alternative that the entire family will relish.
The Joy of Air Fryer Chicken Tenders:
Indulge in the simplicity and goodness of these air-fried chicken tenderloins, perfect for little hands to dip into ketchup or any sauce of their choice. Whether you keep a stash of fresh or frozen tenders, these become the weeknight dinner superhero, making your life easier and more delicious.
Cooking Magic in the Air Fryer:
Express your love for cooking chicken in the air fryer, where tenders emerge juicy on the inside and utterly delectable. The key lies in avoiding overcooking, and an instant-read thermometer becomes your trusty sidekick, ensuring perfection every time.
Why Fall in Love with Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
Healthy: No breadcrumbs, no flour, no eggs – just pure tenderness. Low carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free, and low in calories, these guilt-free delights are a product of the air fryer’s magic.
Quick and Easy: Unbreading simplifies the process, cooking up in around 8 minutes. This recipe, with its straightforward ingredients, is a delight for both seasoned cooks and beginners alike.
Delicious: Bursting with juiciness and flavor, these tenders are a treat for your taste buds. The versatile seasoning mix allows for customization or encourages you to experiment with your favorite blends.
- Chicken tenders (fresh or frozen)
- Oil (olive oil, avocado oil, or your preferred cooking oil)
- Seasoning (Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Italian seasoning, Black Pepper, Salt, or your preferred seasoning mix)
Creating Magic in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F for approximately 3 minutes.
- Pat dry the chicken pieces thoroughly with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, coat the chicken tenders with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices for the seasoning.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on the chicken, ensuring an even coating.
- Place the seasoned chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the tenders for 8 minutes, with no flipping required. Ensure they are no longer pink inside, reaching an internal temperature of around 165˚F.
- Serve the air-fried chicken tenders while warm.
- Remove tendons from chicken tenders if present.
- Thoroughly dry the tenders with a paper towel.
- Preheat the air fryer to expedite cooking.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket for consistent cooking.
- Use a meat thermometer to avoid overcooking.
How to Serve Chicken Tenders:
Versatility is the name of the game. Whether atop salads, in wraps, or as a standalone snack with your favorite sauces (Spico Mayo Sauce, Ketchup, BBQ Sauce, Ranch Dip), these tenders cater to every culinary whim.
Storage and Reheating:
- Store: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
- Freeze: Cooked tenders can be frozen for up to 3 months in a freezer bag.
- Reheat: For optimum results, use the air fryer at 350˚F for 5 minutes or until warm.
How Long to Cook Raw Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer?
Typically, raw chicken tenders take 8 minutes. Adjust as needed based on the size of your air fryer and tenders. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure an internal temperature of 165˚F.
Can You Cook Frozen Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! Cook frozen tenders for 10 minutes, adjusting time as necessary.