Meatball bakes are one of the first things I made when I started keto. I had it on the dinner menu one night a couple of weeks ago and decided to create a mexican version of that dish.
I added a twist to the meatballs by adding in taco seasoning and cheddar cheese. Yum! Once the meatballs were cooked, I added them to a casserole dish and covered them with enchilada sauce and shredded mexican blend cheese. This recipe is definitely going on my regular dinner rotation for sure!
Prep Time: 25 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 40 Minutes | Serves: 5 | Calories: 309.8
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cooked meatballs
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce, I use Las Palmas brand
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add all of the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix well until combined.
- Shape into approximately 15 meatballs and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into bottom of small baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Place cooked meatballs into dish and top with remaining enchilada sauce. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
NUTRITION FACTS (PER SERVING)
Calories: 309.8 | Fat: 21.6g | Carbohydrates: 4.6g | Fiber: 0.9g | Protein: 23.9g | Net Carbs: 3.7g