A rich, yet moist keto chocolate donut topped with a chocolate glaze – everything you could want in a breakfast treat and more!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 16 Minutes | Total Time: 26 Minutes | Serving: 9
Chocolate Keto Donuts:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered Lakanto golden monkfruit
- 7 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease donut molds with oil of your choice (I like coconut oil). I would suggest coconut oil, however, as I’ve made this with other oils and they tend to stick more.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, cocoa, monkfruit, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add melted butter and mix until crumbly (about 10 seconds). Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down the butter.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to almond flour mixture, and mix well.
- Add mixture equally to donut molds. Fill about 1/2-3/4 way. It should make around 9.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until the center passes the toothpick test.
- Let cool.
- Once cool, flip onto a wire rack or plate of choice. They should come out pretty easy. If you used silicone molds like I did, then you just pull the mold sides out slightly, and they slide right out!
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. that is wide enough to dip.
- Carefully hold donut upside down and dip into the frosting. Twist a little and then flip right side up and shake it a little so any bumps or air bubbles settle.
- Eat right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here is a frosting alternative that works just as good!
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons low carb sweetener
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Yield: 9 | Amount per serving.
Calories: 160 | Total Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g |Trans Fat: 1g | Unsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 263mg | Carbohydrates: 3g | Net Carbohydrates: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 3g