These cloud breads are a perfect low carb replacement for buns and breads. Use them for egg sandwiches and grilled cheese on the egg fast or for burgers and many other uses when doing keto. This keto cloud bread is a life safer when doing the Egg Fast Diet or regular keto! The recipe also includes a dairy free cloud bread option!
For those who don’t know, Cloud Bread is high in protein and extremely low in carbs, making it the perfect sandwich bread for those on a low carb, gluten free, or grain free diet.
Is there a keto friendly bread?
Cloud bread, or oopsie bread, is very popular with low-carb and keto dieters. Cloud bread is a protein-rich alternative to regular bread and makes an excellent sandwich base or English muffin replacement.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 ounces cream cheese (or 3tbsp mayo for dairy free)
- pinch of salt
- Optional ingredients: 1/2 tsp vinegar / pinch baking powder
- Preheat oven to 300
- Separate whites and yolks into 2 glass bowls
- Add pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp vinegar(optional) to egg whites
- Beat at high speed with electric mixer until egg whites are stiff and you can turn bowl upside down. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and cream cheese (or mayo) gently until smooth.
- With a rubber spatula, gently incorporate the egg whites and yolk mixture together
- Divide into 6 equal portions, either into a whoopie pan or mound onto regular cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with any desired spices
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, watching carefully after 20 minutes.
For the Egg Fast diet, 2 Cloud breads = 1 egg and 1 ounce cheese.
For the dairy free option, 2 Cloud breads = 1 egg and 1 fat
Serving Size: 2 Cloud Breads
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 220mg | Sodium: 292mg | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 8g