All the great flavor of keto baklava in an easy to make cookie bar. They have a tender shortbread crust with a delicious walnut filling and a sweet “honey” syrup.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes | Servings: 16 bars | Calories: 185kcal
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan optional
- 5 tbsp butter in small pieces (chilled)
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (or pecans, almonds, pistachios, or a mix)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Brown
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp BochaSweet or allulose
- 1 tbsp Keto Caramel Syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, with overhanging sides for easy removal.
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, sweetener, salt, and xanthan gum. Pulse a few times to combine. Scatter the butter pieces over and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan and press firmly into the bottom with a flat-bottomed glass or measuring cup. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the nuts, brown sugar substitute, cinnamon, and orange zest. Stir in the melted butter until well combined.
- Spread the nut topping over the cooled crust, pressing to adhere. Return to the 325F oven to bake another 20 minutes. Remove and let the bars cool in the pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, BochaSweet, and keto friendly syrup. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook about 3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Drizzle over the cooled bars. Lift the bars out by the overhanging parchment and place on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the bars into 16 squares or triangles.
Serving: 1 Bar | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17.4g | Fiber: 1.9g