HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium (see note)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 pound baby red potatoes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving optional
- salt and pepper to taste
CORNSTARCH SLURRY (OPTIONAL)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tsp water
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, soy sauce, oregano and ketchup.
- Add the chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and onions to a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the honey garlic sauce mixture evenly on top.
- Cover the slow cooker and seal the lid. Cook on a LOW setting for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-3 1/2 hours (see note).
- About 20 minutes before serving, add the green beans to the slow cooker and optional cornstarch slurry to the sauce.
- Re-seal the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes more until the green beans are tender and the sauce is starting to thicken.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to serving plates using a slotted spoon. Optional: Broil the chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes to brown the skin.
- Drizzle sauce on top of chicken and vegetables. Garnish with optional minced parsley.
- Use a quality soy sauce brand such as Kikkoman or San-J to get the best results. Low-grade soy sauce will affect the flavor of the dish.
- Due to variations among crock pot brands, check doneness at the early end of the time range.
- For a healthier option, pour the sauce into a fat separator before adding cornstarch. Separate out the fat and use only the remaining liquid for the thickening step.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave on medium power. Do not freeze.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights or entertaining guests. It’s a family favorite that never fails to impress, and I’m always happy to share the recipe with anyone who asks. With its tender and juicy chicken and sweet and tangy sauce, it’s a dish that will quickly become a go-to recipe in your own kitchen. So why not give it a try and see why it’s such a beloved recipe? Your taste buds will thank you!